YOU WILL FISH IN THE HEART OF AMAZON RAIN FOREST.
A once in a lifetime fishing experience.
IN THE AMAZON FOREST HEART – BARCELOS REGION
The ship hotel Kalua I is based in the city of Barcelos. Barcelos is a city located in the Brazilian Amazonas State. Its population is more than 33 thousand and its territory is 122,476 square kilometers, making it the second largest city in Brazil, behind Altamira in the state of Pará.
The size is equivalent to the state of New York, U.S. and a little bigger than North Korea.
Anglers will fish in the largest freshwater archipelago in the world named Mariuá – located on the Negro River, between Barcelos and Santa Isabel. It was discovered by NASA in the 90s and has an extension of more than 140 km, its width is 20 km and has more than 1,200 islands with several lakes and beaches.
This area also offers many tributaries, and they are very good for fishing. Some of the tributaries (streams) in this area are: Caurés, Cuiuni, Aracá, Demeni, Itu, Arirarrá, Jufaris, Jurubaxi, Preto, Padauiri, Orí, Paranã da Floresta, among others.
FISHING THE AMAZON RAINFOREST
ALL PACKAGES ARE INCLUSIVE :
PACKAGE CODE: AM1KAL1
- Trip Duration: From & back to Canada = 10 or 11 days. Boat Hotel Trip: 7 days & 6 nights (6 full days of fishing)
- Assistance and airport transfers in Manaus
- Two nights hotel in Manaus (Quality or Tropical) – superior double deluxe room
- One night at a hotel in the city of Barcelos
- Round-trip charter flights (Manaus-Barcelos-Manaus)
- Kalua Hotel Boat accommodation in double & full service suites
- All Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) buffet service + Brazilian BBQ by the beach + appetizers and snacks
- Unlimited drinks: including beer, cocktails, wine, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks, juices and mineral water
- 18ft boat, equipped with a 25 / 30HP engine, electric motor 40lbs + cooler with drinks & snacks
- Fishing on the boat
- Complementary laundry service
Special Fishing Day
- 5:30 am – Breakfast
- 6:30 am – Ready to go fishing
- 12:00 noon – Anglers will have a short trip back to the Boat Hotel for lunch OR get lunch in the woods by the river. 1:30 pm – After lunch, fishing will continue until the afternoon when the guide will bring the angler back to the hotel ship (around 5:30 pm).
- 6:30 pm – Cocktails & Appetizers
- 19:30 – Buffet Dinner will be served in the dining room area.
AMAZON FISHERIES PROGRAM
AMAZON – THE LARGEST FRESHWATER FISH HOUSE IN THE WORLD
The main trophy species are Peacock Bass, Piraíba, Redtail Catfish and Arowana, but other scale fish, such as Piranha and Pirarucu, inhabit these waters which offer a variety of species for casting, including flight modes. Other giant fish available in these waters are Pirarara, Flat Catfish and Giant Trahira. Anglers lure from small boats as high as 18 feet with outboard (two anglers and one guide per boat). Skiffs has two platforms, one at the front and one at the back, offering comfort and space for fly fishermen and baitcasting anglers. Anglers can choose fishing, casting or spinning, or other special techniques for different species. Boats are also prepared for fish catchers. They have eight stick holders, ropes and anchors to stop at different catfish spots.
For more details and pictures of fish available in this region, please click the following button. Home
SEASON: Our fishing season starts in August and lasts until early March every year. Water levels in the Rio Negro basin can change quickly and affect fishing conditions, regardless of season or historical patterns. Navigation can also be affected. Although we make every effort to monitor such conditions, anglers assume the risk of natural forces outside our control. The Kalua Hotel Boat is always looking for creeks and areas that offer low water and good conditions to target Bass Peacock. The surface water in the Negro valley can change quickly and affect fishing conditions, but we can move the boat and look for a better area, chasing fish.
- Day 1 (Thursday): International trip to Manaus, AM – Brazil.
- Day 2 (Friday): Arrival in Manaus. Transfer to hotel for overnight.
- Day 3 (Saturday): early morning charter flight to Barcelos (1 hour flight); Upon arrival, transfer to Kalua Hotel Boat for immediate departure. After lunch on the boat, half a day of fishing until 5:30 pm.
- Days 4 to 8 (Sun-Thu): Full day arrest until 5:30 pm
- Day 9 (Friday): Fishing from 6:30 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon. Back to the hotel in the city of Barcelos. Afternoon and evening free.
- Day 10 (Saturday): Transfer to Barcelos Regional Airport around 7:30 am (after breakfast) for a charter flight back to Manaus. Arrive in Manaus around 11:00 in the morning and transfer to the International Airport or to the hotel, depending on the time of your return flight.
- Day 11 (Sunday): Transfer to Manaus International Airport. End of our service.
- Day 12 (Monday): Arrive in your hometown and end this incredible fishing trip.
WEATHER: The temperature is usually around 80-100F during the day, but usually cold to 70 degrees F at night. Tropical heavy rain (short duration) can occur even during the “dry season”; make sure to pack the raincoat.
LUGGAGE: We request special attention for this: Charter flights to the city of Barcelos have a limited baggage volume.
Total weight per passenger is one suitcase of 15kg (check-in luggage) + 0ne of 3kg bag (carrying luggage). We can provide extra space for rods, lines, reels and spinning reels on request.
KALUA 1 BOAT CAPACITY: 12 anglers per week.
8 suites (bathroom and AC).
LAUNDRY and free housekeeping services.
LARGE-CALMAL LOUNGE AREA with bars, sound equipment, guitars and TVs (satellite signals).
DINING ROOMS IN CLIMATIC AND TOP DECK to relax while drinking and / or cigars enjoying the beautiful views of the Amazon Forest.
FOOD: A full breakfast is served before anglers go fishing every day.
Lunch may be on the plane or anglers may request a packed lunch to be enjoyed on a fishing boat.
Dinner is on the boat with a variety of meat, fish, salads, pasta, rice and fruit served every night.
Beach food (Brazilian BBQ) is also arranged (if weather permits).
BOAT SUPPORT FOR KALUA & BOAT JON:
On each trip, the Kalua Hotel Boat is escorted by a 2-deck support boat “Tempestade” which offers a hut for its large crew, including a captain, mechanic, coordinator, and 8 fishing guides; it also carries all of the fuel supply, provisions and storage. Also on each trip, Kalua Hotel Boat is accompanied by nine JON BOATS with a 25hp outboard motor and a trolling motorbike.
KALUA BOAT HOTEL SPECIAL:
85ft long with a maximum draft of 1.20m
Scania Motor 420hp V8 Powerplant
2 Power Plants
Fully air conditioned throughout
Order info visit the website: http://topfishing.ca/fishing-packages/in-the-heart-of-amazon-top-fishing/